Sunday, May 2, 2010

Derby 136~Run for the Roses!!

We went to my Dad & Ruthie's annual Derby party! As always it was wonderful!! Her family mixed with ours=great food and good times! Unfortunately Bobbie & Corey (Nick's brother & wife) didn't make it up, as planned. We were bummed they couldn't make it but there is always another time!!

I wanted to get dressy this year and of course make a Derby hat! I justified a purchase of a cute little dress with some double usage. I decided to wear it for my shower on the 22nd as well as for Derby! I am so thrifty ;O) I waited to get started a little late this year but my hat turned out great!! I also made some super cute fleur de lis earrings!

From this:


To this:


Sorta see the earrings here:

I made them out of this:


The morning started out pretty rainy but things cleared up, especially when Nick an I started placing bets and winning!! All in all we had a winning bet on Street Saver as well as a few more, our winnings totaling over $500!! Must have hit a lucky winning streak this year!! Of course I have already started planning on where that money will go, the baby of course ;o)

Hope everyone had a wonderful Derby! We cannot wait for next year!! It really is the most exciting 2 minutes in sports!

1 comment:

Gayenelle and Chuck said...

Cute picture. Love the Derby look!