I just got done washing mom's car and she is mowing the lawn for the big BBQ tomorrow so I thought I would blog :O) I am glad I have some down time to update..since I will be swamped when I get home!!
Sunday we jetsetted to Orange County! I have some really great pics of Catalina from the plane that I will post when I get home! Once we got to the airport we picked up the rental and headed to Laguna Beach. It was super cute!! It was totally California. Old surfer dudes everywhere in their VW buses and then new businessman surfers in their Porsches! It was like Porsches were the new Honda :O) It was a cute little surfer town full of cute houses and well of course surfers and skimmers. I guess that is what you call those people who ride around on the skim boards tehehehe. We ate at this cute little pizza shop for lunch and then headed to the beach. We then decided to drive up the coast and hit up Newport and Huntington Beaches. In Huntington we headed up the boardwalk and watched some street performers and of course watched some more surfing :O)
We then headed off to Disney to get checked in to the hotel. Dan of course works nights and gets off work in the morning...so he needed to catch up on his sleep. So mom, Nicole (my stepsister), and I headed off to LA/Hollywood. I honestly wasn't too impressed haha Chicago is definitely cooler :O) I thought downtown LA would be huge like NY...I don't think there was anymore skyscrapers than Louisville haha. Hollywood was neat but we had no idea who was where on the Walk of Fame...oh well We had more fun shopping at H&M! I love that store! I got a cute dress and Nicole got all kinds of cute stuff!
The next morning we were up early & off to Disney! The place was packed!! It was really neat to see all the Characters and different rides! Of course I would have loved to go on all the big rides but we heard that the CA Adventure park wasn't really worth it so we just did Disney! I have tons of pics of course! We took a break around 4 and headed out of the park to go to The Cheesecake Factory for dinner!As always it was delicious and a really good break from the crowds! We headed back into the park until closing to see the Firework and explore some more! We had such a great time & I am so thankful to Dan & my Mom for such a great family vacation!!
Hmmm lets see the rest of the week has consisted of shopping, shopping, & more shopping! :O) No really...it goes like this...Shop, pool, shop, see family, eat at one of my fave places, shop. :OP
Last night we went to Visconti's-where I used to be a waitress when I lived here! It is a great little family owned Italian place! It was good to see all the family and eat the tasty food! It hasn't changed a bit, food wise. They have moved int oa new restaurant though! It is super nice, I am so happy for them!!
Tomorrow is the big Father's Day BBQ. I am really looking forward to seeing all the family. I have seen a lot of them already but all the out-of-towners are coming too!! Of course my Uncle Bobby is overseas in the military as well as my cousin Max. So it will be great at Christmas when they are both home! We will have the ENTIRE family here...something that has not happened in over a decade!
Of course I miss the hubs! He send me a sweet card in the mail telling me to hurry home :O) He is the bestest ever!!! He will be starting his new schedule pretty soon at work and we won't have as much time together :O(
Fri-Sun is the 2nd annual Girls Trip to Patoka Lake! I am really excited!! Mack is coming up for it again and Heather will be joining us this year!! There is a total of 13 people going I think! It will be a total blast...just what a girl needs before she starts school!
I am really excited for Nick's parents to come up 4th of July weekend!!! Not sure what we have planned yet. I am leaving that up to hubbalicious!
Well mom is done with the lawn and we are going shopping again :O)
P.S. The pics from Marin are up on Shutterfly!
XOXOXO
Loves


1 comment:
Haha! I read your PS the pictures from Marin are on shutterfly and thought, "wtf? Why would she have pictures from Marin?"
Then it clicked!
Hope you are having a great time! See you soon, probably on the way to the lake!
Post a Comment