Where oh where have the pretty trees gone?
We were planning on heading to Roanoke the 1st weekend in December to celebrate Bobbie & Reagan's birthdays, as well as head out with the Grant family for one of my favorite traditions. We all get together & get dressed up and go out to celebrate the holidays together at this really tasty restaurant!! So since we would be gone we wanted to get our Christmas tree before then, the weekend after Thanksgiving...if we waited we would only be able to enjoy it for a little over a week! Then when I got my diagnosis we decided more than likely we wouldn't be able to make our trip...but we had no idea how the next month was going to pan out so we decided to go get the tree anyways. We had asked Randy & Mallorey if they wanted to come along, and told them about how one of my favorite parts is when we take separate cars we talk on the walkie talkies...too bad neither of us had a pair! Sat we decided to head up to a tree farm in Indiana after they got off of work that afternoon! I had not slept well at all since Tuesday.. but nothing was getting in the way of me & my tree! Randy and Mal had done all of their Christmas shopping the night before and Mal said she just couldn't wait to give us ours...but we had to just put it under the tree and wait to open it. HMM ok? So we started out on our journey for the perfect "pretty" tree, Christmas music blaring, riding along in the truck! We heard this weird noise & dismissed it as the radio. Heard it again coming from the cab in the truck...and it hit me I knew exactly what it was...our Christmas present from The Burns'!!! I tore the bag open immediately & there it was a shiny walkie talkie..Mal was on the other end!!
We had so much fun on those things! Yes we even have nicknames...an nope I am not telling-lets just say we are total cornballs!!! We finally made it to the tree farm...introduced ourselves to Randy/Rudy the reindeer, tom the turkey, and Billy the goat. We took a hayride back a few acres to search for our trees. We had absolutely no luck! We must be total Christmas tree snobs or something...but the trees were pitiful. It was getting late so we headed back to civilization to meet up w/ Shawna, Brad, & Jenn for dinner! We all wanted to go see Ashley in the hospital but we were there a little later than expected (our food took forever!) So, afterwards we headed to Shawna & Brad's to meet up with Jeff (Jenn's g/f) to play some Partini & Apples to Apples. Honestly, I don't know how I had such an eventful day and stayed awake, like I said before I still had not much sleep. i guess I was just so happy to be around my loving friends I didn't care how exhausted my body felt. I am so thankful that we have found such amazing friends here!! Please keep my friend Ashley in your prayers she is currently having some health problems, I am hoping Nick will let me go see her tomorrow.Today we headed to have breakfast with Dad, Ruthie, Ruthie's brother Bob, and his children Emma & Richard. Bob is part of a prayer group and we wanted to have a time where we could all gather together and pray. Afte
rwards we headed to church. It was the beginning of a new series; the book of Ruth. How perfect is that?! It really hit home of course. Afterwards we ate some lunch w/ Mal & Randy and headed in search of another tree! Apparently fir trees are a hot item around these parts and there were only a few left. Randy & Mal were in search of a pine so they didn't have too hard of a time. We finally decided on that perfect tree and some mistletoe and headed for some hot chocolate. It was a great day! Of course I was too tired to do any decorating. Yes, I am exhausted, but no I still cannot sleep. We are hoping to get touch with my dr. tomorrow to fix that!We hope that everyone has a wonderful Christmas season...may your tree be as perfect as you ours! :O)Love Shay
1 comment:
I miss you and am jealous I didn't get to pick out trees too.
Post a Comment