Monday, October 27, 2008

Mr. and Mrs. Grant


First and foremost, we want to thank everyone involved with our wedding! Without every single one of you it would not have been as special as it was! We cannot say that everything went "perfectly" but nothing could have ruined our day! I cannot believe that all the festivities are over!! It went by way too quick. Everyone kept telling us to just relax and enjoy it...they were right!!

My mom got in on Tuesday and she was able to keep my mind off of the stress until Thursday, when Colleen flew into town! It was so great to see her and have all of her help! Josh came in on Wednesday and Nick and him immediately got down to business! We had left plenty of things for them to wrap up. Danyell, Amie, and Mack all arrived on Friday! I went for my hair trial that afternoon and they were here when I was done! Most of Nick's family and LeighAnne and Daniel got in town Friday evening! We all met up at my apartment and headed downtown for my Bachelorette party!! The boys met up at the apartment to pre-game it..unfortunately Corey was sick, so he didn't make it out with the boys. We started the night off with some bowling at Lucky Strikes! We had such a wonderful time!! It was so much fun to hang out with all the gals!! I knew I was not the best bowler...but geez...I suck...or I suppose I will just blame it on all those tasty margaritas!! After we went bowling we headed over to the Pub to get some beer and some eats. Everyone went through their purses to find me a 2008 penny :O) We headed up to Rock bar to party the night away!! We got on the bar for our free shots and can you believe it we got Gayenelle up there too!!! Suppose some people will do anything for a free shot ;O) When we were up on the bar we caught a glimpse of the boys strutting in! Just what Nick wanted to see on his bachelorette party...his mom on the bar! We said hi to the boys and headed to Tengo sed Cantina!! We had a blast dancing and drinking! We had some test tube shots and some jello shots out of these giant syringe looking things! Gayenelle sucked that jello shot down! We got my mom and Gayenelle up on the pole on the bar too! It was such a hoot!

Saturday was busy! Me, Amie, Mack, Bobbie, and Reagan ran all kinds of errands! I was so glad that they were all there to help! You ladies rock!!! After the errands were done, Amie, Mack, and I got all the Carmel apple favors together and finished up some last minute things and then headed off to the Rehearsal dinner! I was excited because I was going to see more arrivals...My aunt Linda and Uncle Matt as well as Nick's Aunt Sharon and uncle Robby were able to make it to the dinner as well!! It was so weird to "practice." I am glad we did though because everything was so crazy on the day of that would have made things a lot more hectic! We had dinner catered from our favorite BBQ place, Firefresh! YUMMO! I loved seeing the looks on everyones faces as we gave them gifts. We gave all the BM's pink and black polka dot totes filled with pink and black goodies. I tied a bow on everything! They turned out so cute!! I gave each girl 1 thing different that I knew they would each love! Amie got this really cute aporon (since she loves to cook) and I gave Heather the B&BW stuff she loves. Danny had been wanting a Tiffany's bracelet since I could remember...so of course I surprised her with that! She was so excited!! The Groomsmen got tins filled with local beer, cigars, a pilsner, and a cigar cutter! They loved it! We gave each set of parents a photo album with some of our e-pics in them. We also got my dad an engraved cigar box. It was so neat!! They could take a picure and have it lasered onto the box, so we have the Felps Cabin put on it. I gave my mom the Mother & Daughter keepsake box and put the handkerchief in it we made from her wedding purse. I kept the other half of the purse as my handkerchief, I love it. We gave Nick's parents this really neat candle holder that has all these great family sayings on it. I think I may go back and get one for us too :O) We were surprised with a quilt, sewed by my mom. Every piece of fabric she used had been signed by the family. Oh, I cried like a baby! It was so so sweet! After the rehearsal, I went home to get some pampering done. Amie did my nails, I deep conditioned my hair, soaked in the tub w/ a screwdriver (that sounds funny huh?) We moved all the wedding stuff into the living room for easy access and I finished packing for the honeymoon. Afterwards, I surprisingly fell asleep pretty quickly, I thought I would be too stressed...but I suppose I was exhausted.

We all woke up pretty early. Mack loaded the truck w/ all the wedding decorations and Amie and I headed off to get my hair done! It was nice to be fussed over :O) Afterwards we stopped at Dooley's for a bagel breakfast sandwich and then met up with Heather and Danyell and headed to Otter Creek. This was the only time I think I was super nervouse, I guess because I had time to sit and think...every other time was a giant whirlwind! Once we got there we dealt with some decoration changes and I made sure everything looked good. The DJ came in to tell me that he was unable to download my father/daughter song (Daddies and Daughters-Lee Roy Parnell) I said no biggie I would have the boys grab the laptop since I had it. Well once the laptop got there I realized I didn't have it. So I just told him to use My Little Girl by Tim McGraw. He came back in later to tell me that he was trying to put all the ceremony music and reception music in different files and accidentally deleted my ceremony music!! I acted like no big deal but as soon as he shut the door I started balling. It was a great acoustic version of Ave Marie and Pachabels March! Oh well...I wasn't going to turn into Bridezilla!! We worked on all the girls hair & make-up as well as mine. I was going to have my make-up done, but Bridgette quit the week before my wedding and I was too busy to find someone else. Which I am glad I didn't the girls did a fabulous job! I wouldn't have changed anything!! Once I had my veil, dress, shoes, & jewelry on it hit me! I WAS GETTING MARRIED!!!!!! Before I knew it we were headed for the door! I was standing side by side with my dad waiting for our queue. WOW! All I could think about was how quick the day was going, I wanted to rewind and go in slow-motion. Nope. Time to get married!

I walked down the stairs, praying to God I wouldn't trip over my dress. We made it!!! I was standing before my future husband and all I wanted to do was give him a hug & a big wet one on the lips...but of course it wasn't time for that yet! I was hardly able to hold my composure during the vows...I had to look over to my "official new family" to get some support to get through that emotion and the courage to say those vows through my tears (EMBARRASSING) Before I knew it I heard those magic words and fell into Nick's arms! I was so happy for the nerve racking part was over! We headed off down the aisle to Me and Mrs. You by Michael Buble...MARRIED!!

We took lots of pictures afterwards. Last minute we told the DJ that after the introduction song I'm Yours by Jason Mraz..we were heading to the dance floor to do the Cupid's Shuffle (even though only half of us knew how) it was so random. I suppose we were just too excited to get the party started to hold it in!! It was such a blast...as I look at the pics I can see I really got into it haha :O) It was so great to finally get into the reception and see everyone! There were so many people that traveled to the wedding, and we are so thankful!! All my helpers did such a great job getting the place decorated! There was even a small fire in the fireplace!! My goal was cozy, rustic, romantic...I think it worked!! It looked amazing! The food turned out really yummy. For the most part everything was ok on that end-except they forgot the best cheese and crackers ever!! It is this like cheese spread thing that Heitzman's makes and it is phenomenol...oh well what could you do! The cake turned out great! I loved the and it was super yummy. Unfortunately Heitzman's only used white cake...there was no carrot cake (sans the nuts) to be found! I was super bummed about that!!

All the traditional festivities were so memorable! Nick and I had our first dance to Lovely Tonight by Joshua Radin. I am glad we chose that song together, it was so sweet... it just seemed like I just couldn't stop kissing him! As I mentioned above my dad and I danced to My Little Girl by Tim McGraw and Nick & his mom danced to Baby by Blake Shelton! It was so special to share that moment with my dad. I cannot vouch for Nick but if I know him & Gayenelle it was just as special for them! Josh and Danyell both gave speeches. I was about to loose it during both of them. They were both amazing and so full of love and genuine happiness for us! I surprised Nick with Check Yes Or No by George Strait as our cake cutting song! He always sings that song to me and he was so happy! We chose all the songs together but I "accidentally" forgot to tell him we needed a song for that :O) We played These Boots are Made For Walking by Nancy Sinatra for the tossing of the bouquet! It got all the girls movin....my cousin Amanda caught it! Foxey Lady by Jimi didn't get the guys moving quite as much..but I don't think too many things will except for running away from the garter...Bryson my 5 year old nephew caught it!

I think everyone had a great time dancing the night away!!! I know we did! We were so wrapped up with dancing and having fun with our friends and family we barely noticed the night was almost over. People would come and say goodbye and we would chat for a bit then go back to shakin our groove things! Things were winding down and then the DJ played Michelle Featherstone's Man and Wife. It was our last dance song. It felt like Nick and I were the only people in the room. I swear I felt as if I was floating on a cloud...It was such a movie moment. We headed outside for our get-a-way! It was so much fun to throw our hands up and wave as we drove away!!! We were married and nothing else matter...well except for the road trip of a lifetime we were going to start the next morning...that will have to be the next blog.


XOXO


LOVE MR. AND MRS. GRANT

No comments: