I can say without hesitation that 2007 has been a whirlwind of some good but mostly awkward and some would say bad things.
I've made a few new friends, lost some very special ones, drifted away from some & reconnected with others. I have continued to be smitten over the love of my life & have been tremendously sad for weeks when said boy started working in KY. Was able to visit with someone very special to me that I thought I would never see again who is now in Iraq. Have grieved over the loss of someone very dear to me, watched my mom fly back to CA and had some genuinely terrible bad luck. Had some seriously candid conversations, wore huge shamrock glasses in public, and watched both my parents get remarried, while becoming obsessed with my own wedding. Saw my first 4d ultrasound and watched wonderful friend experience motherhood as well as got to see my beautiful niece grow before my eyes. Laughed at random moments for no reason, experienced a new love for Thai food, saw New Found Glory, Early November and Fall out Boy in concert with a lifelong friend and got caught in mosh pit or something of the sorts. I have went through some really hard times, made countless dozens of mistakes, found my faith & then strayed, decided to continue my college education & then dropped it like a bad habit and have drank myself in to oblivion on countless occasions. Went on an adventure at the lake & got my car stuck at the bottom of a huge hill, got stuck in a t-storm at the lake that very same weekend. Put my awesome house up for sale, I lost my puppy Brewsky & have continued to dig myself a debt filled hole.
Overall, it's definitely been one of the most unpleasant years ever, but somehow I feel more loved than I ever have in my entire life. I have an amazing group of friends I suppose the upside to misfortune is that you have the opportunity to find happiness elsewhere.


1 comment:
I love reading your blogs. You are a really talented writer. I'm praying nothing but good things for this family for 2008!
Post a Comment